Mr. Tim from Fayetteville, NY delivered this wonderful game this past Sunday(03/17/2013).
It is in really decent condition considering it's age but it was only semi-working when delivered.
I've been working on the game this week and after a little bit of luck I narrowed the graphical problem down to the 74LS191 at D9. There was also a throttle issue and that was traced down to another 74LS191 at D10.
There are still a few things to take care of but I'm in no hurry. I'll be sure to update this page whenever I work the game, but for now I'll just play!
Click HERE for some more pictures.
Created this page.
Discovered that P9(74LS191) was also defective in the thruster circuit. And surprisingly... P10 was testing bad again too.
Looking closer at that circuit I noticed the voltage coming from the 5k variable resistor in the thruster was jumpy. I replaced the VR and I'm hoping that will take care of the 74LS191 chips at P9 and P10 blowing. All I can do now is play and keep an eye on them.
Happy Easter! In getting ready for the family to come over today I thought I'd quickly replace the leg-levelers with some nice nylon levelers but of course that didn't work. Three of the four levelers were rusted to their mounting t-nuts so I had to remove them all and add some heavy-duty plates. Worked out well in the end but a 5 minute job turned into a 30 minute job and led to me not showering before everybody showed up. Hope I wasn't too offensive.
Worked on rebuilding the Electrohome G05-801 monitor this past week.
Basically I cleaned everything up real nice, replaced all the capacitors and most of the variable resistors, and then fixed a couple of ugly previous fixes.
Oh, and I also modified a spare G05-802 HV shield I had here for use with the smaller G05-801 HV cage.
For loads more pictures, click HERE. Enjoy!
Re-installed all the monitor parts and the picture is now stable in the XY directions but there is still a small issue with the brightness going a little wonky. Looks like it's time to break out the DMM and scope to see if I can track down what's going on. I hate when shotgunning fails!!!
REPAIRS TO DATE:
(AS OF: 04-21-2013)
- Replaced 74LS191 at D9 (graphical issues)
- Replaced 74LS191 at P10 (thruster issues)
- Replaced 74LS191 at P9 & P10 again (thruster issues)
- Replaced 5k variable resistor for thruster
- Replaced all leg-leveler mounting plates
- Replaced leg-levelers with TITAN-25 nylon levelers
- Rebuilt G05-801 monitor
- Modified G05-802 HV shield for use with the G05-801 HV cage
To be done:
- Install cap-kit on the ARI power supply
- Refurbish coin door
- Fix mission lighting
- Fix LEDs on panel
Site maintained by: Jeff
Page Created: 03-24-2013
Last update: 04-29-2013